Monday, August 30, 2004

fables

Last night was Hula Hut with Juan for his birthday! And- Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut at midnight @ the Dobie. It was freaking awesome, and the added scenes REALLY amped the film... if that was even possible. The excerpts from Grandma Death (R. Sparrow)'s book really pulled the film even tighter together. I wish I had four hands so I could give it four thumbs up! Waah waah, bad Dave Chapelle reference.

I found some good vinyl at Waterloo Records. Ramones: Rocket to Russia, Notwist: Neon Golden, Pearl Jam: Ten, and Guns & Roses: Appetite for Destruction. The Guns & Roses album was a never-opened first printing with the original cover, so that was QUITE the score. It's SO nice that vinyl is so cheap compared to CDs... I shouldn't have spent the money, but I had some saved from my fat financial aid check.

And- from my "you-worked-hard-all-the-freaking-time-all-freaking-summer-so-here's-some-frivolous-money" fund, I bid on Fables: #1-13 on EBay. I better win it- it's a good deal, they are all in mint condition it says... I have all of them from #11 on, but I need #1-10. Ok, so I don't need them per se, but a VERY strong desire is a force to be reckoned with.

Church was wonderful as always. I am SO blessed to have the Gospel in my life. I watched Special Witnesses of Christ tonight... it is a beautiful film. I can't believe I had the DVD for over 1 hour and hadn't watched it yet- that's how awesome it is. Also, I am SO happy that David/Julie/Dawson are back in A-town. I never realized how much I loved having family around until they left. It was the first time in all my 20 years that there wasn't at least some family around. And- to go along with the spiritual side of Miss Kelly... I am leaving you with one of my favorite songs.

Pedro the Lion - Be Thou My Vision



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home