Tuesday, November 09, 2004

idiots

Ok, so if you read this article, you'll see that the third paragraph includes this ludicrous quote: "We're going to kill as many terrorists as possible. Killing them here means a better Iraq tomorrow," said Col. Mike Schupp, the regimental commander leading the Marines into battle. Is this reminiscent of the idiocy of incarcerating people suspected of pre-crime a la Minority Report to anyone else?! How do we know who is a "terrorist"? This reminds me of Team America murdering anyone wearing a turban. Ugh... why aren't people more concerned about this rhetoric? Makes me sick.

In other news- people are still denying civil rights to their fellow Americans.

I have to cheer up. I will talk about my weekend. Derick and Steve were in town and it was awesome- we went to see The Incredibles on Friday... it was so awesome, there were 9 of us in all- Me, Derick, Katie, Steve, Craig, Chad, Jen, Chepo and Juan. Totally tits. I LOVED the movie- GO SEE IT- you'll love it too. And- they showed the trailer for The Polar Express, which is opening tomorrow. YES!

And here is the most nerve-wracking dialogue of the week:

Derick: "I don't think anyone will ever love you as much as I do..."
Colleen: (facetiously, in an attempt to lighten the mood) "You think so, huh?"
Derick: "Well, I hope so."

Skdhgfksjguygewrkjg3287gjsdgfksjdgfg!!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home