Friday, March 04, 2005

caseyuhh

Things have been going great this week.

I am applying for the Wofford Denius Music Industry Internship Program, and one of my professors offered to sponsor me. Hooray for Diane! I had anticipated applying for internships in New York, but I totally forgot about Julia's wedding (don't ask me how!) so I have shifted my focus to Los Angeles (I have this free ticket on Southwest and they would fly from LA to Oklahoma, but not from NY to Oklahoma, so yeah...)... I applied at SideOneDummy Records, Immortal Records, E! Networks, Woodworks Records, etc. etc. etc. The bad side to all of this is I have to get one of these companies to commit to giving me an internship before the application date of the UT side of the picture: March 24. AAAAAAAHHHH!!! No one has e-mailed me back yet, but resumes were sent everywhere, we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, the programming department at KVRX e-mailed me and offered a 2 hour show! YAY! I think I would be at roughly the same time on the schedule, just for a longer period. So, you all could hear me for a *whole hour* more!!! Aren't you excited? Also, this Sunday night / Monday morning at 1 a.m. I will be on Fighting Music- the hard core and metal specialty show. Check it out! You can listen at 91.7FM or, of course, KVRX.ORG! If you don't like metal, well... first, you're missing out, and second, you can just turn the volume down until me and Noble's voices come back on the breaks! Haha.

And on another nice note- I met this boy C (I am calling him "C" because I don't know how to spell his name... sounds like Casey but it seems like there is some kind of "uh" sound at the end... I don't know- I was too shy to ask)at Fiona and Gina's party last Friday. Well, I was freaking out over how ridiculously good-looking C was, and finally we talked for like 2 minutes. I found out he drives tractors for landscaping or something while he is in school, and I think that's just ridiculously hot. Anyway, the party went on and we left and I was regretting not doing anything about the whole C situation. So, Mellie called Joseph (this gay guy from San Antonio we had just met) and she handed the phone to me. Well, I thought I was talking to Joseph and so I was going on about C and then C goes "That's me." Haha, but he said he wanted my number but was "too scared" to ask. Haha.

OK- so that's the background story. Tuesday he calls and asks if I am free on Wednesday, I give him my schedule- he calls at 7:30pm on Wednesday, apologizing for "calling so late"... sweet! So, we decided to meet at Waterloo Records (after me bugging Katie with endless, "Ok, how does this look?"'s) and then went to Mongolian Grille. It was really fun and the conversation never lulled, so that was exciting. He works out, too, so we got to talk about that for a while. We talked about me being a deejay, him skateboarding and making cartoons, school, etc. For some retarded reason I insisted on paying (don't ask me why, I'm retarded) and he says, "Well, fine- I'll get it next time." Nice. He was a gentleman, and a radically hot gentleman at that. I was worried that all he had going on was looks (which I could NEVER deal with-- I have to have intellectual/conversational stimulation) but, luckily, I found out I was wrong.

I don't really care if we go out again or not (he's younger than me, eep!) but it was nice to steal the affections and interest of someone as attractive as him just for self-esteem reasons.

ANYWAY. This post is totally self-centered and crappy. I promise next time I'll dish out something more socially relevant, or, well... at least entertaining.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home