Friday, March 18, 2005

dawnofthereplicantsatkvrx

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!! (Nobody kissed me today and I am TOTALLY Irish!!??!! Explain that one!)

Last night was totally rad. I interviewed this awesome band from Scotland, Dawn of the Replicants. They are here for SXSW... They are the nicest guys ever! And they kept saying "Aye" when I asked them questions... It was rad. They also tasted root beer for the first time; Paul said it tasted like perfume. The whole band was great, it was a nice FM experience... The only down side was that about half an hour into the interview, someone farted and it smelled REALLY bad. I didn't want to say anything though-- come on! They were voted "Best New Group of 1997"... I don't know, maybe one of them had too much haggis??

Anyway, here are some pics that Mellie took- the first is from outside the DJ booth- Paul at the mic, Roger a bit back, and then either Mike, Grant, or Donald holding the infamous root beer. The second is me and the band under the lovely KVRX banner. So picturesque.





I went to see Robots at the Drafthouse with Mellie. I liked it, it was pretty cute. Tomorrow is Dawn of the Replicants at Habana Calle 6 at 9pm, then a couple hours of taking pictures with all the freaking hot guys that will be downtown, then Mae at Vibe at midnight. It will rock. Then, there is the Equal Vision Records showcase with Armor for Sleep and Circa Survive on Saturday. An awesome weekend coming up. Spring Break has been full of Sunglass Hut and working on my audio project... the project is coming along decently well, I will post it when I am done.

Oh, and I have the coolest family EVER! The "O'Kelly Fam" gave me a rockin' Ireland shirt and some brownie bites! Hurrah!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home