Tuesday, March 29, 2005

madamlorraine

This weekend was extremely fun.

Friday: It totally hailed all over the place... met a new (hot!) neighbor... Yanneth, Mellie and I tried to go to Madam Lorraine's place... ended up at Kerbey Lane, then went to some party at 26th and San Antonio. The party was kinda lame because we only knew like 4 people, but the night was tits overall.

Saturday: Fiona, Yanneth, Mellie, me... totally fun. The night was planned thus: Fortune-telling (hah!), Blondies at Applebees (Holy crap! These things are good), and roller-skating at Skateworld. The last thing didn't really work out- there weren't as many people there as we had anticipated. BUT! The funniest part of the evening was going to these "psychic" woman, Madam Lorraine. It was really weird... there were all these Catholic pictures everywhere and a bunch of ceramic crosses and stuff. She told Yanneth that she could cure her worries for the low price of 180 bucks, Mellie is gonna meet a boy and die an old lady, warm in her bed ("... not here! not this night!..."), and I apparently have psychic powers myself. Fiona was the only smart one in the bunch and saved her dough.

Here are the details of my "reading" (we wrote down all that we could remember on napkins as soon as we got to Applebees...please note that all of these should be prefaced with "Apparently..."):

+ I will have 2 kids. I will have a very turbulent marriage, but it will work out. I will be married only once.

+ I will own my own business by the time I am 30 or 32.

+ I have psychic powers and very good instincts... I know when something good or bad is going to happen.

+ There will be a white guy and a foreign guy with an accent in my life; one of them will love me, and that one is here in Austin right now.

+ I will work with my hands and my mind, but mostly my mind because I'm smart.

+ I will be taking two trips, a short one and a long one. The short one will be for fun, the long one will be for learning.

+ I should stay away from people with drugs/drunkards because "it will mess me up."

+ I like to be around fun people; I don't like to be alone.

Doo doo doo doo!! (Twilight Zone theme...) One of the weirdest things though was when she first grabbed your hand or whatever, she told you to make a wish. I did, and as soon as she grabbed my hand, she said, "Your wish is about a person, and don't worry, it will come true." WHOA!!! My wish was SO totally about a person and I've been worried about it for some time now. Crazy. So yeah, that was my experience with Madam Lorraine... I don't need to be reminded why that kind of stuff is warned against... whoa.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home