Saturday, June 04, 2005

confusionmaker

I love that commercial for Malibu Rum- "If we Carribbeans took life as seriously as the rest of the world... CONFUSION MAKER! Stop it with your high pressure selling techniques!" I don't know why, but I have been calling people confusion-makers for the past few days now.

So, I did my show at 5-7am on KVRX this morning for the first time. Holy crap, is that a difficult spot. However, I got 6 calls... 3 of which were people saying that I needed a better timeslot because my show was incredible! Woot! Maybe it was because I had just woken up so my voice was all deep and sultry-sounding, or maybe it was because they were drunk at 5 in the morning, but still! It was a nice compliment to my music sensibilities. Also, Noble called. He couldn't listen because he was on his way to work and out of range, but he knew I was on the air so he wanted to say hi and good luck. What a sweetheart. I love that kid to death.

Here is a dilemma I want to discuss with all those loyal Infamous Dance readers...

I was laying out in the sun with Katie the other day and as we were sweating in silence, I was thinking about life in general and I came to a realization.

Me being myself presents a problem. I am too "good" for the "bad" boys and I am too "bad" for the "good" boys. If that even makes any sense; I guess I'll try to expound upon that point. So, I don't smoke, do drugs, drink, have sex, etc. so that rules out dating most of the guys that I usually tend to hang out with at shows and parties stuff of that nature. On the other hand, I go to shows and parties and I am loud and crazy and probably a little bit boisterous and not at all the status quo. So, that rules out most of the guys I hang out with at Church. I don't really expect to find a solution to this... I guess I'll just deal with it. Katie suggested "picking a side," but that doesn't work because then I would be operating under false pretenses; trying to be someone that I'm not.

I hate it when girls incessantly complain about their lives (it really does get monotonous, ladies) so this is all I'm saying on this subject. And it's not like I don't go out on dates. I go out with boys often, it's just that I could never really exclusively date any of these guys because either they'd be pissed because I wouldn't sleep with them, or they wouldn't ever want to go out with me to the places I frequent.

Whatever; this sounds like a letter to Oprah or Dr. Phil or somebody.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home