Thursday, August 04, 2005

counteract

I re-read my last post and I felt way too negative, so I am posting something to counteract the gross negativity.

I am actually kind of excited about school starting. I will be graduating from the University of Texas in less than a year. May 2006, to be exact, with a Bachelor of Science in Radio-Television-Film. Wow. I managed to do it in 4 years, thank heavens. I don't think I could possibly have spent more money on anything else.

Classes for Fall 2005:

RTF 337 Radio Fundamentals
HDF 322 Personal And Family Finance
RTF 331R Performance
TD 303 Fundamentals Of Acting
RTF 344M Digital Media/Digital Art: Theory/Practice

Should be pretty exciting. What a wonderful senior year. Next semester I have 3 more RTF classes and 2 more upper division electives and I am done. I can't believe it.

In fact, I am scared. As Stephen and I discussed yesterday, it really is the end of youth. Everyone says high school graduation is the end of childhood, which I personally think is ridiculous. College is just as easy and the government or your parents (depending on how lucky you are with that whole parents having money thing) pays for everything you do. In fact, I know some people that don't even work during college. I can't understand that at all. What do you do with all your time?! Waste it, I guess. Nice.

Ok, this post was supposed to be a counteracting entry to the other complaining post and somehow this one evolved into something similar. I don't know how that happened. I must be moody today.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home