Monday, August 15, 2005

happyversionofme

I had a wonderful conversation with a friend last night. It was one of those conversations that changes the course of your life; well at least I hope I change the course of my life.

Well, the gist of the conversation was that I need to do more that is done simply because it makes me happy. He pointed out that the majority of what I do is because someone else expects it of me or someone else needs it or wants it or whatever the case may be.

I have had a pretty hard last few days, and this conversation made me feel so much better. SO much better.

I have these objectives now: I have to look up and admire the sky for 10 minutes each day for 7 days, and I have to do at least one thing per day that is simply because I want to do it.

So far today I bought two new CDs (It Dies Today [thanks to a good suggestion] and the wonderful blues artist Queen Esther); I ate two bagels and the pulpy Good Flow orange juice; I sat on my butt and read "Bite Club"; I am about to go work out and stay there as long as I please, and after that I am going to sit outside my apartment complex in my special spot on Mopac and take in the sky. I am also going to listen to my new CDs and I'll go through all my old CDs and re-evaluate what all I own. Hell, maybe I will make a list of everything I have and alphabetize it and post in on the inside of my CD cabinet? I don't know exactly what I will do... maybe I will nap and not take a shower after I work out. That would be awesome.

I think I am going to enjoy this new found lifestyle. It better stick. I think everything that was said last night was exactly what I needed to hear and I am grateful for it.

OK. I'm out to do nothing important for you but lots of fun for me. Take that.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home