Thursday, September 01, 2005

hurricanekatrina

It is a rare occurrence that anything too serious happens here on The Infamous Dance.

However, please consider the following...

Red Cross: Hurricane Katrina Relief.

Morgan Freeman: Charity Folks.

Celebrity Auction for Katrina Relief.

Direct Relief International.

World Vision.

If you can't help out financially, there are many, many other ways you can help. I am donating clothing, if anyone has anything they would like to donate but can't get to a donation center for one reason or another, please email me and I will pick up any items you might have.

Also, on the Goodwill site, there are a list of organizations that are in charge of providing a "wide range of services after disasters, including clean-up, childcare, crisis counseling, shelter and food."

In addition, you can go to any Walmart or Sams to donate clothing, house wares, new/unopened toiletries, etc. These items (or monetary donations) reach the hurricane survivors through the Salvation Army.

I am touched by the outpouring of love that I have seen towards the victims. I am devastated by all the stories told and families broken and lives torn apart. Please, please- if you have anything that you can donate, do so.

I want to be with someone I love right now, instead- I am alone. But I guess in being alone, I am not alone. So many people have completely lost everyone... I feel selfish feeling lonely when all I have to do is wait until Katie or Noble or Lisa or Juan or Mellie or whoever comes around.

I seriously do not know what life would be like if I lost my family. I know that I would see them again, but the life here on Earth would be close to unbearable.

To anyone I have ever confessed to love, I still love you and I am praying for your welfare.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home