Sunday, October 23, 2005

catchuppost

I haven't posted anything here in a few days- mostly because I knew the playdoh post would take FOREVER. Which it kinda did... like 25 minutes. In any case, I need somewhat of a catch-up post.

First, I got these crazy bites in Dallas while visiting my family; here are 2 of the 983749283747.



Some people say they are spider bites... I don't really know. All I know is that I scratched the bloody crap out of them over and over and over again.

Tuesday was the Playdoh Party. Duh. Wednesday night, Brian cooked a bunch of ladies dinner. I was fortunate enough to be one of those ladies. Dude, I cannot believe the cooking this guy pulled off- breaded chicken stuffed with prosciutto and cheese, pasta, and these radical cannolis. It's the Italian in him, I think. (This whole dinner was mildly embarrassing considering the pathetic excuse for a meal I made for him the night before...) Here is my ode to my first time having a cannoli:



Yeah, those are supposed to be chocolate chips.

The weekend was good. Friday was: getting toenails done with Lisa (I have this weird thing for my toes- they have to always look good and I absolutely love it when anyone notices that they have changed or if they look nice... I am bizarre...) and The Work and the Glory: American Zion and Red Robin with William, Lisa and Orson. That was followed by some time with old high school pals- Stephen (and his friend Brian), Drew (and his woman), Adam and some other random people. This guy Seth I knew from a long time ago was there. He used to wear these REALLY REALLY REALLY tight black jeans and these big punk rock combat boots. Friday night he was wearing baggy slacks and skate shoes. Drew says it was for a girl. Hmm.

Saturday I had to work at the Hut. Basically Katie, Cole and I just lounged outside and would take turns helping customers. I came home, took a nap, and woke up to go see Brian Douglas Phillips, a.k.a. the aforementioned friend of Stephen, play a set at Borders on South Lamar. I was pleasantly surprised. He covered Johnny Cash!

And today was Church. Which was lovely as always. I came home to an invitation to dinner at Lisa and Orson's apartment- Teriyaki Honey Chicken, Mango-Peach Chicken, white rice, brown-sugar-glazed carrots and cream puffs for dessert. We finished off the evening with a phenomenal game of Clue.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home