Tuesday, March 14, 2006

hardday

I am emotionally exhausted.

My sister, her baby Alexa, and I got to the hospital this morning at 6:30am. We were supposed to be out of there by noon, and that estimate was if "it took forever." Well, we ended up leaving the hospital at 5pm, to take off in to the wonderful Dallas/Fort Worth traffic. Her surgery went well, she is in pain- she wasn't allowed to eat all day (20 hours for a 2 year old?? Torture)... poor thing. As she was about to go into surgery (around 1:30pm), Crys, my sister, was trying to get her to go to sleep (even with major anesthetics, she still doesn't fade off very easily. Well, as she closed her eyes, my sister told her, "OK, Alexa, let's pray." So, they started to pray together- Crys saying the words, Alexa repeating them so adorable... as 2-year-olds do... "Heavenly Father (hebenlee fahdur), please bless that my surgery will go okay (peez bess my surgree go ok)..."

I couldn't hold back the tears. It's too much.

My 2 year old niece Alexa has cancer- neuroblastoma. You can read all about it through a journal that sister keeps: CaringBridge.Org - Alexa Aigner. It is really hard for the entire family- mainly Crys and Zack, obviously. I ache for them; it truly is devastating. I have been depressed about a lot of family issues this past month or so- I suppose we really have no control over any of these types of things. I have no right to be depressed, all the problems are not affecting me directly I suppose, but I am still drained.

It would be good to be taken care of.

I am returning to Austin tomorrow morning; should be back by noon.

My brain, body, heart needed this upcoming spring break.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home