Tuesday, May 16, 2006

itsofficial

**** OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ****


I will be moving to Boston, Massachusetts, on June 15, 2006.

My last day in Austin is June 6, 2006- the evening of which Katie and I will be hosting a get-together at our place (birthday and going-away... My b-day is June 14 and I leave Texas June 15. WHOA! I will be in El Paso from the 7th to the 14th of June).

I will be in Boston for at least a year, working with Project: Think Different (through AmeriCorps).

I AM SO EXCITED!

I will miss everyone in Texas (and Oklahoma and California), but it is really good to know that I have a job in my field straight out of college. (How often does that actually happen?)

A bit about the organization I will be working for (if you don't feel like clicking on that link up there):

"Project: Think Different supports a new pop culture that's about human beings, not dollar bills. A pop culture where it's hip to be engaged, where the new cool is being true to your self, your community, and your world. We are musicians, video and film producers, directors, spoken word artists, educators, community activists, and allied organizations and we are you. If you're sick of what's being dished out and tired of waiting for something to change- Join us. We're making change happen!"

Wish me luck and stop by on June 6 to say goodbye. I may or may not be returning to Texas after a year.

Also, KVRX Prom was a BLAST. You can check out some cool pics from the event at Fiona's Flickr photo stream: Fiona's Photos.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home