Monday, August 07, 2006

yannethsaysbrief

Yanneth told me that ol' Infamous Dance has been "brief," so I feel like I should pay a visit to the cathartic site we call Pokin' the Puddin' Since 1984!

I went to Concord, Massachusetts, yesterday with Mary to visit Minute Man National Historical Park- the site of "the shot heard 'round the world," a.k.a. the site of the first death of the American Revolution. I have to say I was impressed with the beauty of it all, as odd as that sounds. I was telling Mary that it felt like hallowed ground; very majestic. As much crap as I typically spew out regarding America at times, I couldn't help feeling moved as I read quotes like this:

Every revolution was first a thought in one man's mind.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Here's the I-bet-you're-jealous-you-don't-live-in-Boston moment of the day: TV on the Radio(!) is playing a free show with the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's less than a block away from my work this coming Thursday, August 10. I am taking the teens I work with on a little field trip to "pass out flyers" to insure I don't miss it. I loves me some TV on the Radio...

I am currently working on a grant proposal to fund a film project I will head up at Project: Think Different. The series will be on youth living with AIDS- we are applying to the Magic Johnson Foundation for $24,400. I am pretty sure I can make the films under that budget- I made my first documentary on about 7 bucks and it ended up being screened at the end-of-year screening thing at UT Austin. Maybe if I come in enough under budget P:TD will give me more money? Haha, right. In other FANTASTIC news- 2 short documentaries by us are getting compiled as part of a show on MTV called "Think HIV: This is Me," airing August 18 at 7pm EST. We are ballers!

Only one weekend more until my Juanch comes to Boston! I <3 Juan. He is coming on Thursday, August 17, and then we are flying to New York City together on the morning of the 19th. My Dad, Elynn, and Lauren (some fam!) will meet us there and then we'll take on NYC like mad. My Daddy said he would take me to a Broadway show! HOLY CRAP. I think I'm going to pass out...

I am totally at work while writing this little postie-post. There should be some sort of firewall to stop me, but since there's not... Hello everyone!

IN OTHER DEVASTATING NEWS: My hard drive died, so until I get the replacement parts, I don't have a computer at home. If it takes me a while to reply to your emails, that's why- I will have to find a way to sneak in personal emails while at work.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home