Saturday, January 13, 2007

Miscellany and Mishmash

I woke up 1.5 hours ago. Yes, at 2pm. It's not as horrible as it sounds - I stayed up until 2am, slept on the couch opposite Julie at Kylee/Marie's place for a couple of hours until time to take Marie and Preston to the airport for their cruise. Got home, couldn't fall back asleep, so polished my NYU admissions essay with all the edits my wonderful brothers sent my way.

In all the hubbub, my Gmail once again delivered entertainment. Some quotes from Bill Vaughan that I wanted to share:

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity.

It would be nice if the poor were to get even half of the money that is spent in studying them.

Muscles come and go; flab lasts.


I have an amorous affinity for establishments with hodgepodge booty for sale. Here are some in the Beantown area that I want to visit soon.

  • Black Ink in Harvard Square - www.blackinkboston.com
  • Magpie on Highland in Somerville
  • Joie de Vivre on Mass Ave in Cambridge - www.joiedevivre.net
  • Motley in Back Bay - www.shopmotley.com
  • Buckaroo Mercantile in Central Square - www.buckmerc.com



  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Kylee said...

    Hey, I may not be a lover of shopping but you and hodgepodge booty..where do I sign up?

    btw I was expecting to take the "love birds" to the airport so thanks so much for taking them...and allowing me to sleep in. You rock!

    11:56 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    « home