Monday, May 14, 2007

Austin Craigslist = My Afternoon Break

So, I really love my best guy from Austin, Juan. I want someone to love him as WAY more than a best friend, so I put together a Craigslist post and put it in the "Men Seeking Women" section on the Austin, Texas Craigslist.

Here it is:

I moved cross-country...left my best friend alone! He's great, ladies! - 30
Reply to: pers-330736547@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-05-14, 2:08PM CDT


I am posting this ad for my best friend, Juan. He would probably be really irritated if he knew I was doing this, but what can I say?

When I moved to Austin to go to school, I was really lonely, so I took to makeoutclub (remember that? Old school – WAY before the MySpace sickness)... We met at the old Barnes & Noble on the Drag I have been hooked ever since.

BUT – we were destined to be best friends and not lovers, because... well... I am Mormon and we don’t take lovers. After a semi-awkward "I'm sorry I can't date you conversation", we began our journey towards friendship.

BUT – if I DID take lovers, I would have taken him as my one and only.

For four years we hung out every single weekend and he is fantastic. He treats every woman like a queen and I want someone to love him who CAN be his lover. Or at least go on a date. I mean, you know – dinner. Comic book shopping. Movies. Wii. Alamo Drafthouse. Whatever. He needs a weekend partner that hearts him like I do.

About Juan:
Hilarious. Handsome. GREAT taste in music and art (seriously – check out his blog: luna [dot] typepad [dot] com). Has a really stable and successful career that also allows him time to talk to me across the country on gmail chat!

Photos:
1. As emo as he'll get – the hot macbook photo.
2. In a shirt from New York City that we got at H&M – he looks angry here, but he's not an angry dude at ALL.
3. Me and Juan – from my last visit to Austin (from Boston, MA). I made him turn his hat that way so the camera could see his face, he's not dorky.

Feel free to contact me or you can just surprise him at his myspace. His url is myspace [dot] com [slash] lunaismoon

If you see this Juan, don't get pissed! I just love you!

I hope we get some good takers. I'll give updates as they come. Here's one of the three photos I included in the post for your contextual pleasure:



4 Comments:

Blogger NatAttack said...

This is fantastic! I want to hear ALL about it.

Hilarious!
Nat

3:52 PM

 
Blogger Colleen said...

I want Juan to get married by October of '08, so these girls better get crack a lackin.

3:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude...when Juan reads this you are sooooooo busted! hehehe....I think it's great. Speaking of this subject...have you seen the movie "because I told you so"??? This post made me think of it.

11:45 PM

 
Blogger Colleen said...

LIZAAAAAA!!!!!! No, I haven't seen that... is it worth renting?

I have seen your calls - I haven't been able to call you back... YAY FOR BEING POOR!!!!!!!!!

9:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

« home