Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Grassroots Social Change & Digital Storytelling

"Typically, digital stories are produced in intensive workshops. The product is a 2-5 minute film that combines a narrated piece of personal writing, photographic images and a musical soundtrack. The philosophy behind this type of digital storytelling is one of using technology to enable those without a technical background to produce works that tell a story using moving images and sound." (From Wikipedia)


As part of my community media work, I participated in a "train-the-trainer" workshop. I had a few-ish hours to collect/take the photos, record the sound (using audacity and a USB mic... hmm!), assemble, edit, etc. this little guy. The idea is to do this super simply so that I can teach folks who have never before used a computer to tell their own personal story and produce media. Anyhow, here's mine (viewed at the social networking site for digital storytellers:




I am in Texas for the weekend - seeing my big brother, Derek, graduate from medical school! Yay!



8 Comments:

Blogger Lady Bills said...

can i just say that watching this video did two things for me:

1) make me love you more and more
2) make me feel proud to be a mormon too!

you are talent upon talent upon sexy upn sweet.

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

you're a mormon??!!! why did I not know this? you have really opened up my eyes. love you.

9:27 PM

 
Blogger Mary said...

you are so beautiful.

3:16 PM

 
Blogger NatAttack said...

Yay. I'm so happy to see this again. It was awesome the first time and even better the 2nd!

Loves!

3:20 PM

 
Blogger Colleen said...

MY GIRLS!!!!!

Thanks for your lovin', ladies.

5:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man you are seriously way too cool for words. You are talented beyond belief. I love seeing your work, it make me so proud.

YEAH for being in TX this weekend! Yeah for family.
BOO for not being in Austin with me. I'm actually off this weekend...how ironic that you would be visiting.

LOVE YOU SO MUCH and I can't wait to see you...sometime!

P.S.
I'm now addicted to Dr. Pepper made with real sugar cane. YIKES!

10:55 PM

 
Blogger spoonfulL said...

gosh but i love you! my heart swelleth!

1:13 AM

 
Blogger Lauren said...

i love you just as much as i love diet coke

10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

« home