Thursday, February 28, 2008

Can you handle the truth? (The Colleen Edition)

Okay, so my friend Natalie recently blogged about this Facebook application called "Compare People." It is my favorite Natalie post of all time, I think. So funny. I am ripping off the idea and quoting her explanations:

The Explanation:
"On Facebook, there exists an application that provides hours of entertainment for cripples and non-cripples alike. Called Compare People, that's just about what you do. An algorithm spits up two of your friends and you choose which one better fits the question asked. The combinations of people and questions is sometimes ironic, hilarious, or snore-bore. It's all totally random."

The Setup:
"None of the questions the program asks are negative in connotation--no "Who could stand to shower more often?" or "Who would you vote off the universe?" exist. I don't think it's a stretch however, for the mortal, logical mind to view a "loss" (even to a somewhat deserving opponent) as actually a backward way of saying "Oh, so and so isn't that thing."

Okay, thanks to Natalie for doing the hard work. I decided I would view my results today. For simplicity's sake, I am only going to list the unanimous decisions: the categories in which I won 100% of my friend's votes, and the categories in which I was chosen a sad 0%. Its a good thing the 100%'s are listed first or I might feel really bad about my 0%'s.

Unanimous Agreement - 100%
  • more artistic
  • more likely to skip class
  • would make a better mother
  • better dancer (haha, why in the world did I win this category?!)
  • more tech-savvy
  • cooler
  • more likely to win in a fight (you bet your ace!)
  • kinder
  • sexier (woo hoo!)
  • more confident
  • better public speaker
  • more likely to succeed
  • better taste in music
  • smarter

  • Unanimous Disagreement - 0%
  • prettier
  • rather sleep with (great! this will keep me holy!)
  • more athletic
  • am I more jealous of
  • more loyal
  • a better body
  • more well-mannered
  • a better laugh
  • rather hang out with for day

  • Hahahaha. Good to know.



    7 Comments:

    Blogger NatAttack said...

    I'm glad you liked the original! Something about the whole thing still cracks me up...

    After that post, I noticed all kinds of our friends adding the App on F-Book. People must have felt bad and started voting for me, my only 0's now are "Can drink more", "funnier" and "better listener." Good to know I'm a sober, unfunny talker! Wink.

    12:51 PM

     
    Blogger Rachel said...

    That's funny. I'm in hate with facebook.

    5:15 PM

     
    Blogger Lady Bills said...

    100% more SASS than anyone too!

    love yer guts n stuff

    8:36 AM

     
    Blogger ju said...

    "hate with facebook" ha ha...killer

    11:58 AM

     
    Blogger Ben & Rachel said...

    haha i lovvve you!!
    and our self centered blogs :)

    5:08 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I added the application, curious after reading her rave review and having another friend compare me.

    I found I won 100% of the question: Would rather be stuck in handcuffs with.

    At which point I deleted the application, more than a little disturbed.

    10:37 PM

     
    Blogger Unknown said...

    That is so funny. I love it. I wish I had more friends!

    1:18 PM

     

    Post a Comment

    « home