Thursday, February 07, 2008

I used to love playing "Freeze Tag"... maybe I just liked crawling under people's legs?

I was tagged by my lovely cousin Roni. So... I get a survey to fill out! I'm really glad because I am having a really difficult time getting through work today. Its not that I don't have any work (because heaven knows I have a lot), its just that I am feeling... well. No words. Moving on - here I go with this fantastic time-filler. I love Roni.

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, goes to their blog and comments to let them know.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Let's see... January of 1998? It was my freshman year of high school (Eastwood High in El Paso, TX). I was hanging out with Jamie - talking about our band Toilet? I was in love with this kid Mike Fleming (I was in love with him for about 7 years, haha). I was wearing over-sized rock t-shirts and plaid Chuck Taylors. I was going to football games and acting like I was too cool to be there. What else? I was in Ms. Dominguez (turned something else because she got married)'s class getting in trouble for using the term "Godhead" instead of "Trinity" in one of my literary argument papers (I had Stephen Wagner, Adam Barton, etc. etc. in that class). I once played the kazoo for that class for like 10 minutes because we were all bored.

What are 5 things on my to-do list?
Study for the GRE (yes, I am already taking classes for my masters program, but I have to be officially admitted), make the Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 course schedule for the undergrads/grads in the Emerson journalism department, Read this, take tons of crap to get dry-cleaned (all of a sudden I will be dressing much better), and make Barack Obama the next president of the United States.

What would I do with a billion dollars?
I would pay a large sum of tithing, pay off school/house debts of mine/friends/family, buy a house on Lake Travis in Austin, Texas, pay off some wonderful LDS man to love me, purchase an in-home audio production studio, get my PhD at the University of Westminster, remodel my mom's kitchen, a bunch of millions to cancer research, have my brother-in-law help me with good investments, get Obama elected, and give the rest to the American Red Cross.

3 of my bad habits:
Getting annoyed with people for being apathetic/indecisive/refusing change, falling for people that I know I could never be with, and sneaking toots when I think no one is paying attention.

5 places I have lived:
Kilgore, Texas / El Paso, Texas / Austin, Texas / East Boston, MA / Somerville, MA

5 jobs I have had:
Sales girl at Hot Topic, Sales girl at Sunglass Hut, DJ/Talk show host at 91.7 FM KVRX, Youth Media Coordinator at Project: Think Different, Department manager / Responsible person for solving all possible problems at Emerson College.

Things people don't know about me:
How many are you looking for? I have some. Not necessarily because I am secretive, but more because I am nuanced. I am now the proud user of Proactiv, and my skin is already looking more pimp. I readily talk about opinions and issues and situations and facts of life, but I don't talk about my deep feelings with anyone. I really freaking love Honey Buns. You know - the ones that are like 600 calories and 50 cents. I brush my teeth every morning, but that's it. I'll only brush my teeth at night if they're feeling particularly yucky. Sorry, future husband. Well, maybe I'll start for you. We'll see.

Rachel, Dani, Dave, Hayley and Juan. I dub thee the next peeps to waste time doing this.



3 Comments:

Blogger ju said...

i love this post.

i don't love that you don't brush your teeth at night, but that's because i'm a teeth freak.

i love you.

the end.

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Colleen said...

<3 Ju <3

10:13 AM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

That was really funny. I'm glad Roni tagged you! (I enjoyed rereading Elder Holland's talk, that's an amazing one, thanks for the link.) Good stuff!

12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

« home