Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Going to Texas!

I am returning to my native Texas in late September for the Austin City Limits Music Festival. This is three days filled with 130 bands - back to back rockin' (or folkin' or countryin' or whateverin'). This will be an intense trip - flying in Thursday night. Music all day Friday. Saturday. Sunday. Then flying back on Monday morning. I'm kinda tired just thinking about it, but I miss Austin and all the wonderful peeps I left there. One hundred and thirty bands is a LOT and you know - I have to whittle it down a bit. Here's my list of the stages/shows I'll be hitting:
  • Beck
  • The Raconteurs
  • The Mars Volta
  • Gnarls Barkley
  • Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band
  • Erykah Badu
  • N.E.R.D.
  • Tegan and Sara
  • Iron & Wine
  • Band of Horses
  • Silversun Pickups
  • Spiritualized
  • Stars
  • The Octopus Project
  • M. Ward
  • School of Rock (YES!)
If any of you lovely people are at these shows, look for me and say hi. This trip is brought to you by American Airlines, my low income, and Martin (bought my ticket for me! What a sweetheart)!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! Only 5 more months. That seems so long.

11:49 PM

 
Blogger Colleen said...

I KNOW! It DOES seem far away. Buuuut - it will go super fast. <3

9:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

« home