Thursday, April 17, 2008

St. Francis House

I take the Orange Line to work. I get off at the Chinatown stop (I work in the Theatre District). Every day, I pass the St. Francis House. Every day, except the frigidly cold ones, there are a whole slew of patrons (a.k.a. homeless folks) hanging out in front. And every day I walk amidst their group. And every day I get some sort of comment from one of those fine people (a.k.a. really creepy dudes).

Last week: "Heeeeeyyyy - I like the way your bag matches your clothes." (I gotta hand it to him - that one was original.)

Friday: "Ssssssssssttttt (supposed to represent that sucking in breath sound)... you FINE."

Today's gem: "Daaaaaaamn girl! You've got some hips on you!"

Lesson learned: If you need a boost of confidence, just saunter by a homeless black man.



3 Comments:

Blogger starstruck_texan said...

hey take 'em where you can get 'em. LOL!!! At least they knew what they were talking about.

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Colleen said...

Ha! Thanks, Liza.

1:45 PM

 
Blogger Chavonne said...

It works every time. :)

8:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

« home