Thursday, July 17, 2008

Craigslist and Missed Connections

Thanks go to Natalie, who made this whole hilarious event possible.

So, on Craigslist, there is this section called "Missed Connections." Essentially, if someone sees someone they think is cute or whatever and just missed their opportunity, he/she would go to Craigslist and post, hoping that their object of affection might see it and make up for the "missed connection" (clever, eh?).

So. You readers know I recently got a book entitled "Nerds: Who They Are and Why We Need More of Them." I was on the Orange Line, got off at Sullivan Square. I noticed this guy, and noticed that he noticed me (remind you of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air? I may be the only one who gets that reference...). We got on the escalator at the same time (maybe orchestrated by him? I couldn't tell...). Well, I boarded the 101 bus. I noticed this guy again, and he was looking back at the bus. He looked back at the bus a couple of times and it appeared that he was writing something down or looking at an iPhone/cell/something. I thought to myself: "wouldn't that be hilarious if he was getting the bus number for a missed connection?"

Well.


Hahaha! I was meaning to check out the listings just for kicks, and kept forgetting. Then, Natalie (this is where she comes in) sends me the following on G-chat (and we have the following conversation):

Natalie: is this you? http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mis/756395239.html
me: OH MY FREAKING GOSH
YES
HAHAHAHAHA
I know who that is
!!!!
Natalie: is it really?
me: YES
i smiled at him
and laughed
Natalie: hil.ar.ious.
me: and i saw him look at my bus number
hahahahahahah
Natalie: i wondered if it was based on your blog about the books you got; and the orange line
me: YES
hahahahhaha
Natalie: YOU SHOULD RESPOND
me: I TOTALLY WILL
and you'll get the credit
hahaha
Natalie: NICE! Freak, I've always wanted one written about me. BUt I also look for my friends. :)
me: hahaha
that is HILARIOUS
i have to blog that
Natalie: DO IT

I emailed my nerdy friend. We'll see!



10 Comments:

Blogger NatAttack said...

Of course he's going to respond. And I can't WAIT to hear all about it.

Ride the confidence high!

2:39 PM

 
Blogger Chavonne said...

I adore it.

4:08 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

I can't wait to hear where this goes next! This story has made my week!

5:38 PM

 
Blogger Mooney said...

Unfreakingbelievable.

And admission... I write up missed connections all the time.

9:16 PM

 
Blogger K. Marie Criddle said...

That's freaking AWESOME! And admission...I pretend that people write missed connections about me all the time.
Keep us updated!

11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is better than t.v.

12:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Colleen. We don't know each other, but I need to contact you about something personal. If you would kindly respond to my email address, I would appreciate it. It is smakk03@hotmail.com
Thanks so much. Stacey

11:51 PM

 
Blogger dustin and amy said...

I can't wait to hear the rest of the story... You better post it! Your blog makes me smile.

1:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get it, girl!

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Crys said...

well? any nerd replies?

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

« home