Friday, August 01, 2008

Dreamlogging Day 3

1) This one was most likely motivated by me popping a string on my guitar last night and trying to figure out where to take it.
I am searching frantically for a guitar repair place. I find one with some random name like Junky Jake's Guitar Repair or something random like that. Left with no other options, I decide to take my guitar there. The store was filled with 80's axes and a bunch of stoner-type individuals. They say they'll fix it and I can pick it up later. I pick up my guitar when they say they're done and go home (which was the home I lived in when my mother was in nursing school after my parents' divorce: a converted back porch - shared with my mother. Green carpet and a computer desk for my 10 year old computer obsessed self). When I look at my instrument, I realize it is this super crappy old thing - worn and falling apart with old nylon strings (My guitar is a black, delightfully shiny, steel-stringed Ibanez). Pissed, I go back to the store and they deny it. I'm stuck with this crap guitar.

2) Maybe motivated by Rachel and I's teasing of the homoerotic tickle fests amongst the hobbits in the Return of the King (skip to minute 3 and you'll see what we mean).
I am in my room with this girl Joanna that I've known since elementary school (and haven't seen in probably 8 years). We're on my bed and she gives me a Valentine's Day gift - some sort of cheesy bear/mug combo and some chocolates. I am super stoked to have this gift from her and we have some sort of tickle fest. For some reason my brother David shows up and starts chatting with us (maybe he's the Gandalf in this scene?). They disappear somehow and I look more closely at my Valentine. When I open the packaging, I see that it has been re-gifted - a handwritten card is there (for someone else) that is dated 2002. The gift's meaning is obviously tarnished. Two purple and pink metallic transforming/anamorphic dragonfly/beetle type insects appear and fly around my room. I kill one by slamming my shoe against it and the wall. The insect's guts form a large section of purple metallic foil on the wall above my light switch. I lose the other one.



1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

I wish I could remember my dreams. Do you wake up well rested? It seems like there is a lot going on!

8:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

« home