Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Triumphant Return

I was on vacation. From blogging, from email, from Facebook, from life. Now, I'm BACK. Back to dreamlogging and other adventures. The last couple nights I have not had much sleep so I did not get a chance to dream. Sunday night was my most recent dream:

I am with my entire immediate family (minus my Mom/Tom) and a few extended family members in a house that is a combination of my Kilgore, Texas home and my El Paso home. It has features of both, but has an indoor pool in place of where the Kilgore living room should be. We are at what seems to be a small family reunion. It somehow gets out that my Dad is seeking an elective brain surgery that will eliminate his character flaws. The idea is plastic surgery for the brain. Everyone is on board, except for me. I start screaming how everyone is completely ridiculous for supporting this idea; that the surgery could kill him since it is so new and experimental. No one listens to me and he (and everyone) are going to continue as planned.

In the waking world, my vacation was awesome. I spent half of it in Austin (with friends) and half of it in Dallas/Fort Worth (with family). It was so wonderful to see my family - I miss them so much (ALL OF THE TIME). It is hard for me to be so far away, but I know that Boston is where I am supposed to be (at least until I snag my husband, finish my Master's degree, and convince my Dream Boat Captain to move to Austin with me). I had all sorts of adventures; the photographic evidence of said adventures can be found here:
http://flickr.com/photos/zachmorrisishot/

Also, I created this gory short of my brother removing a mole from my back. It also features a cameo by my sister, Crys, and a still of my roommate, Savanna. If you are grossed out by blood, you may want to skip some of this (you'll know when to fast forward):




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and only one more month until you, juan, and myself bake in the sun at ACL!!!

8:13 PM

 
Blogger Andy4eric said...

Okay Colleen I loved you before this video but now somehow I love you even more! I was dying laughing the entire time! Don't ask me why...maybe it was the use of the word carnage. Who knows! Derek and Eric need a mole removing date...he has like 50 million on his back!

12:36 AM

 
Blogger Chavonne said...

I'm so glad you had a great time in Austin! I watched part of your video (before the actual removal, because that stuff makes me queasy) and it was so surreal hearing your voice! I suppose it's been something like 6 years since I have. Glad you are well. I understand how hard it is to be away from family, too; it totally stinks. Be well!

11:12 AM

 
Blogger Hayley said...

You have a great mole, I mean, soul.

8:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

« home