Monday, September 15, 2008

Arnold: The Best Hamster Ever

Friday was seemingly an untouchable day. The whole fire truck thing, then Carole Simpson and Janet (my boss) took me to Tantric (a great Indian place by Emerson). As I was leaving for home, my wonderful boss hooked me up with a ticket to see A Chorus Line with her at the Opera House. I went home to change, caught up with Melvin (of fireman fame). Saw the show (great performance, and the newly-restored Opera House is fantastic); neral arrangements were made. I decided I wanted to bury him near Walden Pond. Rob offered to come with me (as did Dani, but I decided to go before Sunday). As Rob and I were about to depart, Savanna came by to pay her respects (so nice and so inspired!). She ended up coming with us to the burial, and it was really nice. Rob dug a hole for Arnold's final resting place beside some shrubbery. Despite the crazy mosquito attack and the fear of being caught doing an borderline-illegal act, it was a beautiful funeral. We all tossed a handful of dirt on the coffin, and I marked his spot with a large stone. I was pretty sad, actually, but it was a beautiful moment (as silly as that may sound).

I LOVE YOU ARNOLD!!!! Have fun in Hamster Heaven!!!! (Following is a tribute to my hamster pal: videos and photos of Arnold, his stuff, and photos from his funeral.)


Arnold, the Hamster (I miss you!) from colleenita on Vimeo.



Arnold the Hamster from colleenita on Vimeo.














1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Bills said...

you didn't tell me arnold died!!!

i am so sad for you.

i wish i was there to pay my own respects... i will do a meditation and try to send my "i love you" vibes from kaysville to hamster heaven.

love and miss you

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

« home