Friday, November 28, 2008

My personal Black Friday: Sound Composition with Jeff Talman

The day after Thanksgiving holds no shopping for me. (Thank heavens, Black Friday shoppers are completely ridiculous.)

Today I buckle down and work on school. Here is what I am up against:

Part I
Discuss strategies for sound composition. Identify and describe how different concepts of form might be applied. Include analysis of both large-scale structure and surface detail in your discussion. Cite specific works. Cite specific techniques.

Part II
How might an integrated form be evolved that offers both conceptual methodologies and a more formalist construction? What techniques might be used to help in the jointure of these seemingly mutually exclusive ways of working?

Thanks go to Jeff Talman, my loving/brilliant/completely abstract professor of choice.



1 Comments:

Blogger Battlestar Luna said...

I did all my Black Friday shopping online. Thank God for Amazon. Amazon was kicking butt and taking names when it came to sales. Hello Retail Therapy.

6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

« home