Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bank of America and Racial Commentary

Every day, I make sure to do a little something that is just for me. It keeps me healthy. Today, it was replacing my check card. Bank of America allows you to select from a bunch of different cards, mostly sports and charities. Wanting to find the best and/or most ludicrous option, I decided to go for this:



As I was navigating their website to find the number to make the change, I run into their advert for their service...



I couldn't help but notice that they have an Asian woman with a gift bag/pink turtleneck to represent Hello Kitty and a white dude with folded arms/muscles and a crappy Nascar shirt for Nascar. Not to mention the pink and blue arrows to make sure you know that these are the best checking account options for these individuals.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a moment I thought your bank offered a dating service.

6:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing about the bank's dating service. Then I wondered if it was funded by the bailout plan, like a new strategy for making more money.

9:30 AM

 
Blogger Lady Bills said...

hahahah! i am with everyone else... i thought you were going to launch into the new dating service complete with a joint bank account for future dates!

gotta love mass marketing!

10:22 PM

 
Blogger Crys said...

that's retarted and hilarious!

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

I saw some of those ads where they had strange juxtapositioning of things like a grandma with the Nascar card... Those ones also play off of stereotypes, but by shocking the brain and creating humor.

Pink and blue arrows. Nice touch.

8:56 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

BUT WHAT DID YOU DO? and i'm sure your getting a hello kitty card will somehow lead to your landing some kind of awesome date story. I look forward to it!

6:06 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

ummm...it's been way too long since you posted on here. Just thought I would be the one to point that out. :-)

4:53 PM

 
Blogger Chavonne said...

Colleen, it's been forever since you last blogged. I miss you!

8:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

« home