Wednesday, May 06, 2009

School's OUT for Summah!

Okay, dear readers. I'm sorry. Nothing has occurred on this here blog since April 15, and even that was a pathetic excuse for a post.

As of yesterday evening, I am DONE with school until September 17. I could not be more ready to let my analytical brain ROT and my creative brain flourish. Yes, please. My only plans this summer are beaches, Pro Tools (for creative projects ONLY), bike riding (I got a new bike named Mr. Rick Harrington), working (only 9-5 though, so a marked improvement and we're completely dead in the summer which means that Pro Tools work will be happening at work. yes!), weekend getaways, picking the guitar back up (I really suck but I'm trying to teach myself to play using notes vs. tablature), and keeping my room/body/soul CLEAN.

Do you remember that list of things I should have been doing instead of writing that March 31 post (the last real entry)? Well, here's what I did and did not get done. Call this accountability.

- Creating a purchase requisition for journalism department equipment
- Sending out the minutes from the ward mission correlation meeting on Sunday (well, I have to do this every Sunday. So, even though I DID do this for that particular Sunday, I still have yet to do them from this most recent Sunday. So you know.)
- Ordering food for a meeting on Thursday
- Scheduling site visits for this program review we have coming up
- Creating a fundraising pamphlet for the Princess Alexa Foundation (Crys ended up doing this one herself, so it didn't happen on my end. But I guess it IS done.)
- Send a thank you card to Grandmother Chambers (on my to-do list since December!) (OH MY GOODNESS!!! WHYYYY IS THIS STILL ON MY LIST?!?)
- Email Nat 1.0 (Yet to do this.)
- Get a Somerville parking permit (My reason for needing this no longer exists... see the next-to-last bullet point.)
- Look up scriptures relating to virtue and start my working definition (Still undone. But, I'm still virtuous. Mostly.)
- Pay some parking tickets (related to the lack of that Somerville parking permit)
- Draft up something about Arx Poetica to "send out to the masses" announcing our site launch
- Reschedule my visiting teaching appointment that fell through
- Finishing my post on the state of the radio industry for Arx Poetica
- Get my oil changed (Not yet. BUT, I still have a couple hundred miles until the situation is dire. If I went by the recommended date, though... should have been done in November. We don't drive much in Boston.)
- Renew my safety inspection sticker
- Clean my room; it's looking a bit haggard
- Go through the bag of clothes donated to my cause by Rachel Coon
- Reschedule a doctor's appointment that I have to miss
- Write a paper on Roger and Me
- Write a paper about media representations of females based on three film characters
- Write a paper on Neal Gabler's "Life: The Movie: How Entertainment Conquered Reality"
- Come up with a topic for my final paper
- Catch up with all the reading for my classes (I don't know if that will happen... I've got 250 pages or so that I've missed) (I never caught up with the reading but now my classes are over, so you know. Now I don't need to.)
- Somehow make myself heal from the black plague that has come over me
- Be a good girlfriend (Umm... no longer a girlfriend. So, you know. Can't cross that one off.)
- Sleep (this is another one of those recurring goals... the past two nights have fared well, though. The ones preceding those? Not so much.)

Not too shabby, all things considered! Here's to no more "to-do" lists until September.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« home