Friday, December 25, 2009

"My Future Husband" by a High School Senior

I'm in El Paso for Christmas. At the end of Christmas day, I am going through the three trunks that act as the containers for everything to my name that still occupies a space at my parents' home (that are now relegated to a storage shed in the backyard, but that's another story for another day).

I have found all sorts of letters, cards, ticket stubs, photos, etc. that I have not thought about in a looooooooong time. One I found particularly charming--my Top 10 list of things I want in my future huband. From my senior year of high school.
I remember making this list... it was in my Laurels class (setting up some spousal expectations early, I guess).

My Future Husband
1. Yearns to serve the Lord
2. Treats me with kindness
3. Respects my wishes
4. Strong enough to stand for what is right
5. Will defend my honor in front of anyone
6. Loves to serve
7. Acts the same, loving manner at all times
8. Loves me more than anyone else
9. Never acts out with anger
10. Will tell me when I am being ridiculous or wrong

At 25 years old, I'm pretty sure that is my same list.



1 Comments:

Blogger Chavonne said...

This a great list!

12:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

« home